Monday, August 08, 2005

Apology

I feel the need to post here a sincere apology regarding my last entry. It wasn't supposed to be funny, cruel, or make anybody feel bad.. even Jessica. In retrospect, it was a very poor decision to blog about this. It wasn't my intention to write a controversial piece, or even a comedy piece for that matter. All I wanted to do was blog about an interesting experience I had, not bad or good. In fact, the time I spent with Jessica was quite pleasant for the most part. After the show, I sent her the following message on myspace:
Hi Jessica,

It was nice meeting you. It was a lot of fun doing the show. I hope you had a blast. Keep well.

--Zach
And it was sincere. I really did have a lot of fun, and I hope she did too. It was not my intention to go out of my way to make Jessica feel bad in my blog. She did have many redeeming qualities. I just wanted to make an interesting blog entry to read, and this is how it came out. And for that, I apologize to Jessica for making her look bad in this public forum. It was, as Aziz pointed out, a "dick move" on my part.

When I posted a link to my blog on Aziz's website, I must've forgotten how famous and popular he's become, and I never expected anybody else to really read it, other than friends of mine. Then The Apiary, a truly fantastic blog about the NYC comedy scene, didn't help much by linking to the entry calling it a tale about a "Date From Hell." While it was somewhat cool to get a mention in The Apiary, this was not how I wanted it. Another comment on the entry was from an anonymous reader that wrote:
At 8/07/2005 3:35 PM, Anonymous said...
Zach, why would you go out of your way to try and make this girl feel dumb in your blog? All it does is replace your nice guy image with that of a prick.
That hit home hard, because it was obviously somebody who formed strong feelings afterwards, and didn't want to reveal themselves. I sort of take some pride in being a nice guy, and this post was truly out of character for me.

And so, I'd like to apologize to Jessica, for writing what must've made her feel truly terrible, and to Aziz (who seems like a true nice guy for the small amount I know him) tarnishing the integrity of his fantastic show, whatever the small amount that this blogger did.

Take care. More entries soon.

6 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't see why you felt the need to apologize. there was nothing specifically disparaging or mean in your original post. it was just a recap of what happened, and you didn't say anything about your "date" that wasn't true, as far as you knew.

also, as far as "dick moves" go, if someone really projected your myspace profile onscreen, for a comedy audience, without your prior knowledge, that sounds like a much bigger dick move to me.

the problem with comics getting "famous and popular" is that other people start to think that also means they're right all the time, hoping that the popularity will touch them somehow.

 
At 8/09/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger Misch said...

Whatever, "anoymous." Zach apologized because he felt bad about what he did, and not just because some "famous and popular" comedian called the post in question a "dick move."

I believe it is always correct to apologize for things you feel shouldn't have gone the way they did.

Good form, Zatch.

 
At 8/09/2005 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the original post edited so it wasn't so mean sounding? Think it was.

Shove it, Misch the Dish! Anonymous #1 brings up a good question--who made the first dick move?

 
At 8/09/2005 7:16 PM, Blogger Zach said...

The original post regarding my date was not edited in any way, Anonymous #2.

I appreciate the insight, Anonymous #1. To some extent I agree, but felt I needed to "write" some wrongs. Please note delicious pun.

As far as the "dick moves" go, Anon #2.. Aziz coined the term, and he said my original entry was one, but Anon #1 seems to think that projecting my myspace profile was the first "DM," as I'm now calling it. However, I don't think showing my myspace was particularly dickish, especially considering I willingly have it projected on the internet for all to see.

 
At 8/09/2005 7:16 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Also, it would be AWESOME if the Anonymi revealed themselves. Pretty please?

 
At 8/14/2005 1:41 AM, Blogger Misch said...

Ah, the Internet... creating whole new ways for people to fight, contradict each other, make DMs -my new favorate expression - thanks, Aziz!

Misch (the Dish)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home