- Toast! founder Andy Hobgood flew in from Chicago to fuck around, lead some workshops, and pretend he's allergic to alcohol.
- IWA debuted three new, very strong performing cast members - BENNY OYAMA, NICK KVILHAUG (seen above on the right about to make out with Brennan), and EVAN BOSHI. All three amazed the crowd with clever scenework and powerhouse jokes.
- Mission: IMPROVable debuted three new, very strong performing cast members - CARDIGAN (previously known in IWA as Brennan Clark), HOLLYWOOD (previously known in IWA & Sketch-22 as Natalie Baseman), and LE BARON (previously known in, um.. life as Dave Collamore). All three participated in the short-form improv game known as 101.
- Scott Braidman and Rachel Cummings told me of their plans to move to New York City this summer.
Sidenote: Be sure to check out Scott in an absolutely ridiculous Dumbledoresque beard in the previous photos.
- I saw The Squid & The Whale, which you must buy a ticket for, if you haven't already. My favorite film since last summer's Broken Flowers. It captures some family dynamics pretty damn perfect, and might be the most well-communicated movie I've ever seen.
- I was told of a bar in Pittsfield where patrons have perfect viewing access to see TRAINS.