Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I Love You More Than Bears Love Honey

In about an hour I'm heading down to spend the day at South Street Seaport. Besides being a great excuse to finally order a Neighborhoodie in person (they've got a retail store there), I'm also going for today's installment of the Seaport Music Festval, a free series of summer concerts. Tonight's features DeVotchka, a band I know little about. The real reason I'm going is for the opening act, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.


They've gotten a lot of positive press lately, mostly from the glowing review they received from hipster indie bible, Pitchfork. Their review stated that their debut disc is "consistently, remarkably strong," and gave the album a 9 out of 10. But I've heard a bunch of their songs, and they're really excellent. As soon as I figure out how to post MP3's on this thing, I definitely will. The song, "The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" is a not-miss.

Also, you can add Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic to the list of movies I've got to see.
More Trailers from My Films-to-See List:
- The Aristocrats
- Broken Flowers
- My Date with Drew
- Elizabethtown
- Little Manhattan
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- The Baxter
- The 40 Year-Old Virgin

1 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

Will you burn for me?

- Kate E. Spencer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home