Friday, July 21, 2006

Cowabunga

The teaser trailer for the new computer-animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie has been released out. Holy crap.

Also, the first track from the new selftitled Ben Kweller album has been released.

MP3:
Ben Kweller - Penny On The Train Track (via You Ain't No Picasso and Stereogum)

BK nearly singlehandedly saved my high school years (until I discovered Ben Folds, that is), and this may his best song. YANP is dead-on. Being this introspective at his young age is sheer brilliance, definitely see the Neil Young and Springsteen connections. His voice sounds better here than it ever has. Highly recommended.

Come to the Del Close Marathon at the UCB Theatre in New York City next weekend. Check the website(s) for more info. I'll be playing as my Paperboy character in the UCBW show, which takes the stage Sunday morning at 3:00 AM. Don't miss it!

And oh yeah, here's an update - I'll be interning at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart over the fall. I'll be back at UMass Amherst in the spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home