Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back at the "Zoo"

Just a quick entry for now, a more substantial summer recap entry coming soon.

Arrived back in Amherst on Sunday, and moved in to my amazing single room. It's a pretty nice size in a truly fantastic building, and the setup I've got is very comfortable. First day of classes was today, and so far the prognosis is very positive. More to come on that soon.

If you haven't done so already, definitely pick up Stars' debut album, Set Yourself on Fire. It's most certainly a candidate for album of the year. Oh man, I can't wait for December so I can make my "Best of '05" lists. I'm already giddy just thinking about my favorite music, movies, and the like of the past year.

Hey, did you see Kanye West make a fool out of himself on national television during the telethon for Hurricane Katrina relief? No? Well then check it out:

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Kayne-West-Bush-Black-People.mov

This clip is worth it for the priceless look on Mike Myers' face.
And oh yeah, here's a photo of my friend Marc getting my copy of Truth in Comedy autographed by Myers after we saw him interviewed at the UCBT this past July.

photo courtesy of The Apiary

One last thing.. please watch the video for Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends." I'm not gonna lie, this thing got my pretty emotional, and it also reminded me how fucking brilliant that whole American Idiot opera-slash-album is.

1 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayne West did not make a fool out of himself. He spoke to the truth of the political racist agenda present in today's American government that has resulted unnnecessary deaths of thousands. Fool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home